SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

MY MEAL PLANNING GUIDE

If you know me well, you know that I am not a fan of grocery shopping. There's nothing that is more frustrating than having to make multiple trips to the grocery store throughout the week. I blame my self since the last few months have been busy with a lot of travel. When my husband travels for work, I get lazy with meal planning or fill up the social calendar which results in making meals to share with others. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind socializing but my waistline tends to expand a bit in the process. Hehe! Enter my new meal planning guide. I have come up with a plan that I hope to stick to as much as possible in an effort to be less wasteful, spend less money and hopefully lose a bit of weight. So without further ado, here is what I am hoping to incorporate.

I am only listing 7 meals since breakfast is usually eggs, toast or oatmeal. My hubby doesn't usually eat breakfast so I don't feel as though I have to cook every morning and I usually pack him a lunch if we have leftovers from the night before. 

1- meatless 
1- crockpot
1- dining out (hubby quickly mentioned this would be an indulgent meal too!)
3- focus on lean protein, carbs and healthy fat (this will take some getting used to)
1- indulgent meal (think casserole or cheesy)

Here is the list of meals I have planned for this week 

Monday- scalloped potatoes following this recipe and adding diced ham https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/scalloped-potatoes-recipe/

Tuesday- hamburger for me and pigs in a blanket for him, with potato salad (world series game)

Wednesday- chicken cooked and sweet potato mash 
Thursday- crockpot fajitas over brown rice

Friday- dinner with friends (chili, loaded potato and salad)


Sunday- pork chops, pinto beans and mixed veggies

I realize that this doesn't necessarily fit all of my criteria, however, I have learned to be flexible so that is what I am doing. Also, I am not a registered dietician so I am just meal planning according to what we like to eat and some research I have done, mainly when trying to figure out the whole protein, healthy fats and carbs.  I am also hoping to incorporate a fitness routine so stay tuned for that! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment