SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

RECIPE ROUNDUP

Today I've got a post all about food! I wouldn't say that I particularly love cooking but overall, I do enjoy it. It also helps that I get a sense of satisfaction when my husband enjoys a meal that I have made 😍! Over the years, I have found those meals that are on rotation every other week such as spaghetti or tacos. I tend to gravitate towards simple recipes that don't include ingredients that I normally wouldn't have in my pantry. I have tried a few new ones recently, and they have either been a hit or miss. I thought I would share the ones we liked in case you want to try something new or are finding yourself stuck in a food rut!

Vegetable chicken curry- This curry was delicious! It was my first time making curry and I think I did alright! I did omit the mushrooms because I didn't have any on hand. I served it over rice and made a side of roasted cauliflower.

http://www.marshallsabroad.com/vegetable-chicken-curry-sweet-potatoes/

I know this isn't the prettiest picture but it was yummy!


Baked chicken parmesan- We are huge fans of Skinnytaste recipes. She takes popular dishes and lightens them up! I like to serve this chicken either over zucchini or pasta.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-chicken-parmesan/




Pork chops with dijon herb sauce- Another one from Skinnytaste! These pork chops were really good! I think I added a little too much salt for my taste, but I will definitely make again. Sorry but I forgot to take a photo :(

https://www.skinnytaste.com/pork-chops-with-dijon-herb-sauce-525-ww/

Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup- I have made this soup several times. I use chicken sausage instead of the crumbled sausage and from the ones I have tried, I find that I like the apple chicken flavor the best. If you're a soup lover like me, put this on your list! And again, no picture.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=394002

Annie's vanilla sugar cookies- Now these are not homemade but because we like our sweets around here,  I like to have a package of these on hand. They are good with or without frosting!




I hope this gives you some ideas when it comes to your meal plan! 

No comments :

Post a Comment