SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 11, 2016

Goals for 2016

It's a new year. A clean slate. A fresh start. I love a new beginning and although you can always start something new, I especially like to look at the year ahead and what I would like to accomplish. 2016 will bring a lot of change for my little family. We will be saying goodbye to a place that has been home for close to 3 years, a wonderful church family and other great people we have met during our time in Nevada. It will be bittersweet…

With that being said, we are ready to make the move back into the home we purchased several years ago. We will be closer to my side of the family and we will get to make new memories in a new place, that although is not technically new to us, quite a bit has changed. 

When I took the time to think about what I would like to accomplish in 2016, I wanted it to be more than just the typical cliche goals for a new year. I wanted to set goals that I will take the time to pray about. Because in all honesty, I can set all the goals I want but if it's not God's will, they may not come to fruition. And that's ok because His plans are better than mine :)

I have different areas of my life I would like to work on so breaking them up into categories made sense. 


Faith
- Be intentional about prayer and reading my bible. 
- Find a church in WA where we will continue to grow spiritually. 
- Trust the Lord in all areas of my life and be content in every circumstance.

Family 
- Be intentional about calling those that I love more often. I am more of a texter than a phone person but not everyone is like me! 
- Be the wife that Christ calls me to be. I want to nurture my marriage and make my home a sanctuary. 
- Send more snail mail. 

Professional
- Find a job that I truly enjoy. 
- Complete a graduate certificate that I began last year. 

Personal 
- Find a hobby. 
- Work on my fitness/health.
- Improve my Spanish skills considering Spanish is my native language.


Commit your work to the Lord,
    and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3

No comments :

Post a Comment